Thursday, March 6, 2014

Goodbye, Love.

Though our days seemed beautiful,
but alas 'tis was all sugar coated.
Though the scent of roses trailed our footsteps,
we carry with us wounds from the thorns, bleeding,
while the roses are ever out of sight.
Though our dream is to live up in the castle in the sky,
rivers flow gently below, trees tall and green,
but our path yesterday--today seemed to go astray,
to the valleys of what seemed burning,
broken glass paved the way,
all crossed our sight, all are nothing but dead.

I promised you I'll be your man, your friend, your guardian--your imaam.
Had I hold your hand, and walked you to where we are walking to right now,
as a sign of my love. Then I do not love you.
If my love for you is true, then the smallest of thorns, the lightest of burns,
I will not let touch you.
If my love is true.

If my love for you, is in His name.
Solely in His name, not for your beauty, nor for your wealth, nor for your name,
then today I will not talk to you,
today, I will not take your hand,
today, I will not smile at you, wave at you when you walk by me,
I will not share my lame jokes with you,
not even my partly fictional daily life dramas.
If someday, we are to be together, then we shall.
If someday, I can slip the ring onto your fingers,
that will be the day,
I will be your best friend, your man, your guardian, your--imaam.
If God wills.
But for today, I will go off, to find my ways to be a better person,
someday I can be better for myself, and for you.
InsyaAllah.
But for today, goodbye.
For today, Goodbye, love.



Addeen

1 comment: